10 Lies We Believe About Healing
I keep thinking about this sermon I listened to back in the fall. The content was all about healing and miracles and if you keep listening after the sermon there are some amazing testimonies.
The power of Jesus’ healing is something that is overlooked in churches today. I believe the reason it doesn’t happen more is because people don’t believe in it. We are asking, believing, and trusting that we are already healed and that the Lord is going to bring us our miracle babies. I desire to encourage others to have that same confidence so I wanted to share some of the points from the sermon (starts around the 9th minute) in hopes that it encourages someone today.
3 Truths about Healing
1. God can heal. If He can do anything, then He can heal.”With God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
2. God does heal. Not only can God heal, but He does heal. “I am the Lord, who heals you.” Exodus 15:26 “Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.” Matthew 4:23
3. What we believe about healing is important. If you don’t believe in healing, it’s not going to happen. “He did not do many miracles, because of their lack of faith.” Matthew 13:58
10 Lies People Believe About Healing
1. God will heal others but He won’t heal me. God does not show favoritism. Romans 2:11
2. I do not deserve to be healed. None of us deserved to be healed, but Jesus made us worthy when He died on the cross. No sin will keep you from healing. Your sickness may be from sin, but just because you are sick does not mean you are in sin. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits – who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases Psalm 103:2-3.
3. Other people need to be healed more than I do. God has the power and authority to heal ALL people. His power is not limited and He cares about each and every individual and their sicknesses.
4. I’ve prayed many times, but I haven’t been healed, so there’s no point getting prayed for again. Every time we pray something happens. Keep asking. Keep believing.
5. I have to have someone lay hands on me to be healed. It is biblical to lay hands on people, but this isn’t the only way. God is the healer, he will heal when and how he wants to. It might be when you are sleeping, when someone is laying hands on you, through a text message, while you are driving, you just never know!
6. I didn’t feel anything when I received prayer. Some people don’t feel anything when they are healed.
7. I wasn’t totally healed, so I’m not really healed. While a miracle happens instantly, healing might happen over time. The 10 lepers were healed as they went. God will finish the work He started in you. He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6
8. I’ve had this problem too long for it to be healed. Healing delayed is not healing denied. It is never too late to be healed.
9. My problem is too small to be healed. God cares about everything no matter how small or how big.
10. My problem or my condition is too big to be healed. Nothing is too big or difficult for God.
If you have been believing lies about the healing power of Jesus, repent. Ask for forgiveness and walk out in faith that He can and He will heal you! Remember, it’s our job to pray, but God’s job to heal.