Can You See Him During Difficult Times?
- Don’t wait for perfect conditions – Mark 10:46 – When we go through hard times, there is no wrong time to call out to Jesus for help. Bartimeaus was surrounded by a large crowd and although he didn’t have good conditions he sought out Jesus. His story teaches us that there is no wrong time to ask for help and we should never make an excuse or try to fix the problem on our own.
- Concentrate on what you do have – Mark 10:47 – Focus on the strengths, not the weaknesses. Even though Bartimaeus couldn’t see Jesus with his physical eyes, he concentrated on what he did have – his hearing. He maximized the good in his life to experience Jesus. Don’t focus on what you don’t have, focus on what you do.
- Don’t be swayed by public opinion – Mark 10:48 – Bartimaeus was rebuked by many and told to be quiet. But, he knew he needed a miracle. He overcame the crowd to get in contact with Jesus. If he hadn’t rebuked them he might have never received his sight again. During trials, we will come across Faith Suckers, Faith intimidatiors and Faith Mockers. We have to overcome those who will rebuke or laugh at us. Many thought Abraham and Sarah were crazy for waiting on a baby, but through there faith, God blessed them.
- Jesus hears the cries of desperate people – Mark 10:49-51 – As Jesus was walking on the road, he heard the cry of one desperate blind beggar, Bartimaeus. He hears our every prayer and our desperate cries and when we believe, He answers our prayers. In vs 51, the blind man was willing to throw aside the cloak to follow Jesus which was very significant in this story. What is it that we are are willing to throw aside to follow Jesus? Pride, Anger, Control, Envy?
- Follow Jesus when times turn good – Mark 10:52 – The most important thing for Bartimaeus wasn’t getting his eyesight back, but it was following Jesus. Even when we receive a miracle we need to continue to follow Jesus.
“Can You See Him?” sermon