Facts vs. Truth
Do you believe that facts are the same as the Truth? Many people think that when told a fact- whether it is given by a spouse, google, or a doctor – then that is what is going to happen, right? Do you realize I capitalized Truth? I am not talking about just any truth, but I am talking about THE Truth. God and God’s Word is Truth. God’s Word never returns null or void (Isaiah 55:11) and His Word is preserved forever (Psalm 12:7). His Word is the ultimate Truth.
What does this mean for you? What it means for me is there is a huge difference between the facts of this world and what I know to be Truth:
- That means that when doctors tell me that I will never have kids without medical intervention I line up their facts against the Word of God, dismiss what they have spoken, and declare that “nothing is impossible with God.” (Luke 1:37)
- That means when I am told that I am a fool for believing for a miracle I line up those facts and opinions with the Truth, dismiss what others have spoken, and declare that “I am wise to Him.” (1 Cor. 4:10)
- That means when people tell me my time is being wasted since I am not pursuing other avenues to become a mother I line up their facts and opinions with the Truth, dismiss what they have spoken, and declare that “there is an appointed time for my promise and it won’t be delayed.” (Habakkuk 2:3).
- That means when people tell me I am setting myself up for failure I line up their facts and opinions with the Truth, dismiss what they have spoken and declare that “hope in Christ never dissapoints.” (Romans 5:5)
- That means when the world tells me my journey of waiting should be be full of chaos, uneasiness, doubt, and fear, I line up their facts and opinions with the Truth, dismiss what they have said and declare that “I will be in perfect peace as I remain steadfast and trust in the Lord.” (Isaiah 26:3).
Do you know that God’s Word is THE Truth. There is a million + examples that I could have given above, but the point is that His Truth trumps every negative word spoken over you. It takes priority over what your friend, family member, co-worker or doctor told you. When you are a believer in Christ there is no reason to ever use the words “never” and “always” when referring to your scenario because God can turn any situation around for your good. That means when you are told by the doctors that you have 0% chance of being healed from cancer, that you can be healed from cancer. That means when you say “I will always be this way or act this way”, you can have hope that God can heal your emotions and character. There is always reason to have hope because His Word brings life to every situation.
What are you choosing to believe? The facts that have been presented before you or the Truth of God’s Word? One will leave you hopeless, empty, filled with doubt, fear and loneliness, but the other? God’s Word? It will leave you filled with hope, peace, joy, life and fullness.
The choice is up to you!
PS. I am giving away a $25 shop credit over on instagram