God WILL Give You More Than You Can Handle
It’s amazing how often, especially over the last few months, I have heard, been told personally, or read “God won’t give you more than you can handle.”
That is not biblical. That statement is not the truth.
While in 1 Corinthians 10:13, God does promise us that we won’t be tempted in any circumstances beyond what we can bear, scripture never address the topic of suffering.
So, the promise isn’t that He won’t give us more than we can handle, but the promise is that He meets us and carries us through what we have to handle. We aren’t alone in it — He is with us every step of the way.
God does give us more than we can handle. If He didn’t, we wouldn’t need Him! He gives us more than we can handle for several reasons:
- So we can rely on Him
- So we can grow in our faith
- So we put all of our trust in Him
- So He will reveal himself to us
- So praise, glory, and honor will result
- So we develop perseverance and character
- So we can use His comfort to comfort others
- So He will strengthen, help, and uphold us
- So He can comfort us
- So He will be with us and encourage us
- So His joy can be our strength
- So He can be with us wherever we go
- So He can rejoice over us
- So He can birth something new
- So He can restore, strengthen, support, and make us strong
- So He can be our portion
- So we can see His goodness
This list isn’t exhaustive by any means. God is always at work and on our team no matter what we face! So, the next time you catch yourself saying, “He doesn’t give us more than we can handle” remember that He gives us more than we can handle so that He can help us handle what we are given!