Memory Monday – Week 54
Zephaniah 3:17 has been on our fridge for a long time and I figured it was finally time to share it.
I think it’s so easy for us to misinterpret the abundance of love the Lord has for us. Many of us have a skewed understanding of what that looks like and a lot of that might have to do with our earthly parents. If they didn’t show us unconditional love, then we might not feel like our heavenly father loves us unconditionally. If that is a place you are right now, I encourage you to study this scripture and get freedom from that lie. He loves us so much that He delights in us and chooses to sing over us. The same way mothers sing over their newborn babies or small children, the Lord sings over us with His delight.
There are so many good translations of this verse that I had a hard time picking one. It’s really powerful to read through all the translations so I broke up the verse into 5 sections and have listed several different versions! My prayer is you read over these slowly and grasp the concept of how loved you are by Jesus!
- The Lord God is with you // The Lord God is in your midst // The Lord God is living among you
- He is mighty to save // His power gives you victory // A mighty one, a Savior // The Mighty Warrior who saves // He is a Warrior who can deliver
- The Lord will take delight in you // He will take delight in you with gladness // He will exalt over you with joy
- In His love He will give you a new life // In His love He will no longer rebuke you // He renews you by His love // With His love, He will calm all your fears // He will be quiet in His love
- He will sing and be joyful over you // He will rejoice over you with singing // He shouts for joy over you // He will rejoice over you with joyful songs // He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy