When I have my quiet times and journal I start out with praises. On this journey and blog I feel as though I’ve been asking for so many things, instead of praising God for what I already have. It makes me think of a parent – child relationship. How would I feel if my children constantly asked me for things and never thanked me for all I have done or provided for them? There is so much I am grateful for and I want to give praise to God for all He has blessed us with.
– Trial. We are thankful for this trial. For when we are weak, we grow desperately dependent on Him. It’s during the hard times that we grow so much in our faith, ourselves, and each other. “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my poweris made perfect in weakness. ” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
– Doctors. For blessing us with wisdom as we seek out doctors and medical treatments. We are so grateful that we live in a city that has an abundant amount of doctors who we can seek for information. Although, sometimes I get discouraged because of the lack of spiritual wisdom from the doctors, I feel as though God blesses us with medical help, when it is needed. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. James 1:5
– Finances. For blessing us financially. Insurance doesn’t cover anything related to infertility. God has blessed us with the means to be able to pay the bills. And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
– Will. Praise that His will and plans for us are always better than ours. He has proved that to me over and over. It is scary to think where I would be if the plans I always imagined over the years, actually happened. I’m thankful that His plans are always so much better. Of course now, I’m very grateful that we don’t have kids (yet). As much as we said we didn’t want to wait and put off kids for years while we waited for C.J to go to training, now I realize how hard it would be without him home if kids were in the picture. I’m grateful God put in on our heart to start trying so now we know what challenges we have once C.J comes back. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
– Healing. Healing C.J from cancer back when he was 21. Healing me from many ailments that I’ve been suffering with lately. And the future healing, we believe God will do. Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me Psalm 30:2
– Strength, Peace and Faith. God has blessed us with an abundant amount of strength during this hard time. Someone pointed out how great they thought it was that we were at such peace in the midst of this trial. It clearly is from God, not from our own selves. I’m so grateful that we remain so hopeful in Him and that he has blessed us with an overwhelming since of peace and strength every step of the way. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30