Guest Post : Hope-Filled Focus
I am very honored and excited to have Evangeline guest posting for me today. When she emailed me back in February and I realized she was the author of the book we are reading for our Moms in the Making group I pretty much felt famous! I was then blessed enough to have a wonderful and encouraging phone conversation with her. Her testimony is beautiful and so encouraging to hear and I highly recommend following her blog and reading her books. Be sure to check out the retreat she is hosting in May (details at the bottom). I have no doubt it will be a blessing to all who attend! Thank you Evangeline for your post today!
I know what the pressure of infertility feels like. It’s as if it completely surrounds you, pressuring you to give up, to not see any advantage in continuing to hope. In the midst of infertility, life can feel like you’re always stuck between a rock and a hard place. It seems like not much is working out in your favor. Every day seems as if infertility colors how you view life. It looms over every aspect of your life, clouding your vision so it’s hard to see anything good that’s on the horizon. But I’m glad to share with you that in that place of feeling stuck, hope can shake things up, freeing you to enjoy life! Here are 5 secrets that I’ve found to be powerful in nurturing and maintaining hope as you look to come out of this struggle with infertility.
- Believe God loves you. His love is a “no matter what” kind of love. No matter what you’ve done/thought/said, He loves you with an unfailing and unending love.
- Decide to not give up. Don’t underestimate the power of a decision!
- Remember the previous times, big or small, when God has come through for you. Encourage yourself.Think about those successes and the joy you experienced.
- On a daily basis, affirm the promise of God that relates to your situation by speaking the Word out loud. Instead of focusing on medical facts, allow God’s Word to be your point of focus and become your truth.
- Greet each morning with gratitude for the gift of a new day. This helps set a positive tone for the day ahead of you. Thankfulness has a way of shifting our attitude, choices, and behavior.
Hope is one of the three things that 1 Corinthians 13:13 tells us will always remain as a resource that allows us to tap into God’s grace. We are to always have hope—the joyful and confident expectation of God coming through for us! Hope established upon Jesus’ love never disappoints. Allow hope to shake things up in your life so that you experience the freedom to confidently expect good things from a very good Father.
An Affirmation for You: God loves me and desires for me to experience only His goodness. I rest in His love for me. I choose to allow His desires for my life to be my desires. I maintain my hope in God.
Evangeline Colbert is the author of A Seed of Hope:God’s Promises of Fertility and Infertility Sucks! How to Maintain Hope in Your Marriage During Infertility She shares her story of victory over infertility at her blog, www.makeroomformommy.com, where she helps others experience ridiculously good hope.