12 Feb Essential Oils: Part 10: Lavender
Today I am sharing about lavender oil. Most everyone is familiar with the smell of lavender. The scent is fresh, floral, clean, and calm. Lavender is one of the most popular oils and is a great oil to start with.
Because of it’s fragrance it’s often used in beauty products, but it isn’t popular just because of its classic scent—it’s also called the ‘swiss army knife’ in the oil word because it’s so highly versatile. From promoting calmness to helping with skin irritations it’s a great oil to have around the house. It’s also used in many blend oils including Stress Away, Harmony, RutaVaLa, Tranquil, and Forgiveness.
Below are additional ways to use Lavender and while this list isn’t exhaustive, it should give you an idea of some of the benefits as well as ways to use the oil:
- Homemade detergent/body wash – Add 1-2 drops of oil to homemade detergent or body wash.
- Epsom salt bath – Add 4 drops to the salt before mixing in the water.
- Alleviate allergies – Diffuse or apply 1-2 drops to bridge of nose or neck.
- Neck or back massage – Add 1-2 drops to coconut oil and apply to skin.
- Enhance better sleep – Apply 1-2 drops on bottom of feet before bed or mix a spray bottle and spray on pillow before bed
- Room freshener/banish odors – Create a DIY room freshener
- Soothe burn – Add 1-2 drops to burns
- Reduce rash – Apply 1-2 drops to rash
- Minimize bleeding on cuts – Apply 1-2 drops directly to cuts
- Reduce irritability from dry or chapped skin – Apply 1-2 drops
- Reduce smell/odors – Add 1-2 drops to cotton ball and place in vacuum, closets, etc
- Promote calmness – Diffuse
If you missed any of the other posts you can check them out below! If you want to buy or try Joy, please let me know as I am a member and get a 24% discount! You are welcome to use my account or you can sign up here.
- General Overview
- Flu & Cold
- Male and Female Health
- Anxiety and Stress
I am not a medical doctor. The opinions expressed reflect my personal experiences and my personal opinions. The information and statements on this website are intended for educational purposes.