Essential Oils: Part 11: Illness
Over the past few days I have been fighting a cold (or virus). I haven’t used any medicine, but instead I have been carrying my oils with me wherever I go, as well as diffusing all day and I figured what better time than now to share about what oils to use when you have allergies, a cold, a cough, congestion, the flu, or respiratory or sinus problems.
What I love about oils is how versatile they are. You will notice that there are several options of oils you can choose from when you get sick and you can use most of these oils interchangeably. While diffusing is always a great option I always make a point to apply them topically. Especially to my sinuses, my chest, my temples, and the bottom of my feet.
- Diffuse or apply 1-2 drops onto sinuses or under feet.
- Tea Tree, Lavender, Peppermint
- Diffuse or apply 1-2 drops to throat, temples, forehead, back of neck, sinus area, chest, or feet.
- Tea Tree, Lemon, Thieves, Raven, RC
- Diffuse or apply to throat and chest area.
- RC, Frankincense, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree
- Diffuse or apply to check, neck, back, feet, throat, or lungs area.
- Eucalyptus, RC, Digize, Breath Again
- Diffuse or apply to chest, back, neck, sinuses, or under feet.
- RC, Raven, Tea Tree, Peppermint, Thieves, Eucalyptus
- Diffuse, inhale directly, or apply to chest, sinuses, neck, or bottom of feet.
- RC, Raven, Eucalyptus, Thieves
- Diffuse, inhale directly, or apply on sides of nose or on forehead
- Eucalyptus, Breathe Again, Peppermint, RC
If you missed any of the other posts you can check them out below! If you want to buy or try any oils, please let me know as I am a member and get a 24% discount! You are welcome to use my account or you can sign up here.
- General Overview
- Male and Female Health
- Anxiety and Stress
I am not a medical doctor. The opinions expressed reflect my personal experiences and my personal opinions. The information and statements on this website are intended for educational purposes only and have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Please seek the advice of a qualified health care provider if you have a serious health concern.