Essential Oils: Part 8: Frankincense
Today I’m sharing about one of the most popular essential oils, frankincense, which has an earthy, balsamic aroma. It is a great oil to use to support healthy skin, support a healthy immune system, focus the mind and overcome stress. We used frankincense daily to apply it to Colby’s two scars after his skin cancer surgery, and it helped speed up the healing process. There is research being done for the healing effects frankincense has on cancer and if you are interested you can watch a video on that topic here.
Below are several ways to use frankincense and while this list isn’t exhaustive, it should give you an idea of some of the benefits:
- Remove Sun Spots – Apply 1-2 drops to spot
- Renew Skin – Apply 1-2 drops to area
- Wrinkles/Acne – Apply 1-2 drops to spot
- Stretch Marks – Apply 1-2 drops to spot
- Calm the mind – Diffuse or sniff
- Healthy nails – Digest 1-2 drops
- Immune Support – Diffuse or apply 1-2 drops to feet
- Scarring – Apply 1-2 drops to scar
- Arthritis – Massage 1-2 drops on joints or diffuse
If you missed any of the other posts you can check them out below! If you want to buy any or all of these oils, please let me know as I am a member and get a 24% discount! You are welcome to use my account!
I am not a medical doctor. The opinions expressed reflect my personal experiences and my personal opinions. The information and statements on this website are intended for educational purposes.